Monday, November 16, 2009

Tired of your dealership 'deals'?

Submitted by Ruth Jones
What do you do when you need work done on your car?



A few years back when my new car was no longer quite so new, I decided it was time to find a reliable and affordable mechanic that I could trust with my vehicle. During my last warranty check at the dealership, the service manager had come out with a very serious look on his face, and a piece of paper gripped in his hand. It seemed that (according to him and the dealership) there was quite a laundry list of things that I should schedule to have done on my vehicle immediately; in fact, I really should schedule the appointment before I left, he encouraged me.


The estimate was high enough to give me serious pause, and their recommendations seemed outside of the norm. So I left; and I asked a friend who knows cars inside and out. He gave me the best referral, and one I have passed on many times over the years. His endorsement was simple: “I do all my own work on my vehicles, but if there is ever anything I can’t or don’t want to tackle, Wholesale Tire is the only people I would consider calling. Tell them Jim referred you.” I was sold on the spot.


I called them, and guess what? They knew exactly who Jim was, and even stopped to ask me how he was and what he was up to these days. I brought my car in for a “check-up” not telling them about the estimate from the dealership. After a thorough going-over, I was given a recommendation for a $33 part. So I pulled out my estimate from the dealership and showed it to Mike. He simply shook his head and told me that those things were not needed, at least not at this time, and that although he could and would do them for me, if I wanted, (at less than half the price of my estimate) he just could not recommend them to me as necessary and still look himself in the mirror.


Wholesale Tire won my continued business and support that day. Don’t let the name fool you – they offer full automotive service. These days when I call to schedule an appointment and tell them my name, the immediate response is “Pontiac Grand Am, right?” They know the vehicles of their repeat customers, and they service your vehicle with the care they would give to their own.


The next time you need work done on your vehicle; check out Wholesale Tire in Yorkville. You will not be disappointed. They may not have evening hours (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm, and Saturdays, 8am-12) but they more than make up in service what they do not offer in evening hours.


Wholesale Tire
1209 N. Bridge St.
Yorkville, IL 60560
(630) 553-5300

No comments:

Post a Comment